SETUP AND INSTALL
Pioneer rDrive powered by LoJack elevates the experience of vehicle ownership and driving by making connectivity, entertainment and location-based services simple and easy to add to the majority of passenger vehicles in use today. Combining a cloud-based services platform, an intuitive and informative smartphone application and a vehicle-installed 4G LTE wireless network connected device, rDrive provides a means to turn your car into a connected car.
- Visit your local authorized rDrive dealer for device installation. Pioneer recommends a “hard installation” of the unit by an authorized rDrive dealer using a Y-cable.
- At the time of installation, your authorized rDrive dealer will help set up your rDrive account and complete the rDrive activation process.
- When the vehicle’s engine is started, rDrive will automatically associate the device to your rDrive account. It may take up to 3 minutes for the vehicle association to complete.
- A Pioneer rDrive Welcome Email will be sent to the email address that you have provided for rDrive registration, including a temporary password. Download the official Pioneer rDrive app from the App Store or Google Play and log in with the temporary password provided. After logging in, you will be prompted to create a new password.
- Once the device is successfully paired to your rDrive account, you should see your vehicle’s location on the rDrive map. Depending on the location of your vehicle, you may need to drive your vehicle around in order to get a satellite fix to pinpoint your vehicle’s position.
- Enjoy your connected car experience with Pioneer rDrive!
- What is OBD-II and does my vehicle have this? On Board Diagnostics (OBD)-II is the most recent set of automotive standards and has been in effect in the U.S. since January 1, 1996. This set of standards enables a vehicle to provide self-diagnostic and reporting capabilities. Vehicle data is passed to the Pioneer device via the vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) connector. Compatibility of rDrive service and features depends on vehicle year, make and model. Visit www.rdrivebypioneer.com/support for more information.
- Will rDrive work with my electric or hybrid vehicle? Electric and hybrid vehicles are not excluded but it depends on vehicle year, make and model. Visit www.rdrivebypioneer.com/support for more information.
- Is there a smartphone app? Yes. In order to experience rDrive, you will need to download the official Pioneer rDrive app, which is compatible with iPhone and Android devices and is available for download from the App Store and Google Play. The rDrive app is designed for mobile phone use. Some views may not be optimized for viewing on other devices such as Android tablets or iPad.
- Does it come with a free trial period? No. Currently rDrive does not provide a free trial period. Read More